Monday, November 26, 2007

The Believer & The Disbeliever

Allah the Almighty says:
{And put forward to them the example of two men: unto one of them
We had given two gardens of grapes, and We had surrounded both
with date palms; and had put between them green crops (cultivated
fields). Each of those two gardens brought forth its produce, and failed
not in the least therein, and We caused a river to gush forth in the
midst of them. And he had property (or fruit) and he said to his
companion, in the course of mutual talk: "I am more than you in
wealth and stronger in respect of men." And he went into his garden
while in a state (of pride and disbelief), unjust to himself. He said: "I
think not that this will ever perish. And I think not the Hour will ever
come, and if indeed I am brought back to my Lord, (on the Day of
Resurrection), I surely shall find better than this when I return to
Him." His companion said to him during the talk with him: "Do you
disbelieve in Him Who created you out of dust (i.e. your father Adam),
then out of Nutfah (mixed semen drops of male and female discharge),
then fashioned you into a man?"But as for my part, (I believe) that He
is Allah, my Lord, and none shall I associate as partner with my Lord.
"It was better for you to say, when you entered your garden: 'That
which Allah wills (will come to pass)! There is no power but with Allah!
If you see me less than you in wealth, and children. "It may be that my
Lord will give me something better than your garden and will send on it
Husban (torment, bolt) from the sky, then it will be a slippery earth.
"Or the water thereof (of the gardens) becomes deep-sunken
(underground) so that you will never be able to seek it." So his fruits
were encircled (with ruin). And he remained clapping his hands (with
sorrow) over what he had spent upon it, while it was all destroyed on
its trellises, and he could only say: "Would that I had ascribed no
partners to my Lord!" And he had no group of men to help him against
Allah, nor could he defend (or save) himself. There (on the Day of
Resurrection), Al-Walayah (protection, power, authority and kingdom)
will be for Allah (Alone), the True God. He (Allah) is the Best for reward
and the Best for the final end. (La ilaha illallah -none has the right to
be worshipped but Allah)}. (Al-Kahf, 32-44)

No comments:

Post a Comment